Exporting items from Keychain
Carl Hoefs
2018-09-17 19:07:23 UTC
I'm trying to transfer some items of Mac_A's keychain over to Mac_B. I thought I could simply use Keychain Access to "Export Items..." from Mac_A, copy them over to Mac_B, and then do a "Import Items...".

The problem is that the "File->Export Items..." menu item remains dimmed out when I select the items in Keychain Access. Is this normal? The items are of kind "internet password", keychain 'login', and are not expired.

How to proceed?

-Carl
Carl Hoefs
2018-09-17 19:40:48 UTC
Excellent. I think... With that done, I'm trying to add one of those accounts into Mail on the new Mac, but Mail isn't auto-retrieving the account/password info from the keychain. Is there something that needs to be re-indexed or re-cached?

-Carl
Apparently, you can export certificates and keys, and nothing else.
Create a new keychain. Copy the keys you want to share to the new keychain. Move the keychain file to the other machine and add it as a keychain.